Enhanced family relationships
- The company was a multi-generation family-owned business that included eight different business units and conducted business internationally.
- Several of those business units were failing badly and putting the profitable businesses at risk.
- Family relationships were strained because roles among family members were not clearly defined.
- Renee was referred by the Company’s CPA.
- Renee, working as an outside consultant in this situation, developed a management control system for the troubled business units.
- Acting upon Renee’s recommendations, the owners sold the unprofitable operations, and the family members divided the remaining business units into two separate entities, each owned by only one family.
- Family relationships have continued on a positive basis.
- Both entities are profitable today.